Thursday, June 28, 2012

GUESS WHO'S BACK, BACK AGAIN....

I was very aware that I had not updated my blog in some time (since March 4th), and three years at Park City has taught me one thing, I am way more busy in the spring preparing for the season than I am busy during the fall season.
So, being that this is my first post in 3 almost 4 months, I won't over-do it with a long message. Also, because I honestly don't think that the players used the blog in any way, it became some what of a bak burner project.  However, with the push we are making with hudl and eventually Proprof.com (an on-line quiz site and study tracker, not just football study but school study as well), I figured I would pick up my end of the bargain and continue on with this SAGA that is "THE COACHES BLOG".  I need a new name for the blog, so what I am proposing to you is to come up with an idea for the name of the coaches blog. When you have a SERIOUS and APPROPRIATE answer you can come tell me your suggestion, why you suggest it, as well as fill me in on the other info throughout THIS post. This will give me an idea of how many check the blog and who jus ignores it.

So... First piece of information... Team Camp is coming up quick.  Camp will begin start Monday July 9th and Finish Thursday July 12th. The first two days will be in pads meeting at 8 am (location TBD) and on the field by 9 until 11:30 am. The next two days Weds and Thurs will be spent with our highly qualified and sucessful guest coaching staff from Glacier Peak, WA. Weds will be full pads again, thurs will be helmets only. Wednesday's practice will be broken up into 4 (four) different 90 minute session. So practice will run from 8:30 am until 4:30 pm. Thursday will be very similar, with the same start times, and instead of 4 (four) 90 minute periods there will only be 3 (three) sessions, excusing the players from play around 3 pm. Lunches will be provided.

LAST THING. IF YOU PLAN TO PLAY AND STEP ON THE FIELD AND HAVE YOUR TEAMMATES TRUST AND NO THAT THE GUY NEXT TO YOU IS GOING TO WORK FOR YOU AS WELL, THEN YOU BETTER START SHOWING UP TO WORKOUT SESSIONS. BECAUSE WE CAN'T GET LOST IN JUST DOING OUR OWN THING, STEP UP AND CALL YOUR BOYS OUT.  THESE WORKOUTS FORGE BONDS THROUGH THE WORK YOU DO TOGETHER. POSSIBLY, SOMETHING THAT WILL NEVER BE MATCHED AGAIN IN YOUR LIFE.

REMEMBER THOSE 8 FRIDAYS LAST SEASON, WALKING OFF THE FIELD OR RIDING ON THE BUS AND HOW MUCH THOSE 8 LOSSES HURT AND HOW THEY COMPOUND. WELL, NOW IS THE TIME TO DITCH THE PITY PARTY AND GET TO WORK.



No comments:

Post a Comment